28-29 OCTOBER 2023 FALL BUSH CRAFT & SURVIVAL WEEKEND
FALL BUSHCRAFT AND SURVIVAL SKILLS WEEKEND
LENGTH : 2 DAYS with Overnight Stay in Four Season tents with woodstoves
TIMINGS: 9 am (SATURDAY) - 5 pm (SUNDAY)
LOCATION: Event taking place 10 min North of Hanmer ONT (Nelson Lake Rd area)
TRANSPORTATION: PARTICIPANTS MUST HAVE THEIR OWN TRANSPORTATION
(vehicles will be parked along roadway 200m from campsite during the event)
LEGAL NOTICE: ALL PARTICIPANTS MUST SIGN A RELEASE OF LIABILITY AGREEMENT & ASSUMPTION OF RISK WAIVER. THIS LEGAL PAPERWORK IS REQUIRED BY OUR COMPANY TO PARTICIPATE IN OUR EVENTS.
Participants meet at the corner of Desmarais Rd & Nelson Lake Rd in Hanmer at 0845am Saturday morning. (See images attached). Participants will meet a guide at the this meeting point and will collect everyone’s waivers and release of liability forms.
Living in the Northern Ontario wilderness can be a paradise like none other; but to camp or live in this environment doesn’t come without its hazards especially in the fall and winter months. Knowing how to do things is essential to survive and to thrive out there…
AS WE LIKE TO SAY! THERE IS NO SUBSTITUTE FOR EXPERIENCE...
THE BEST TEACHER IS TO LEARN (IN THE REAL) .... YOU MUST LIVE IT!
Come experience FALL CAMPING in our 2 day training program. Get teachings and skills training by experienced and skilled staff who have lived a life in the forest and have earned hard fought knowledge & experience to pass on to you! Direct learning “IN THE REAL” with experienced staff giving you a unique experience with the opportunity to learn skills.
Jason Paquette (Age 45)
(Owner and operator of: Keepers of the Wild since 2016')
32 + years of bush skills & fire experience including: life long "bush person" / hunter and fisherman. Youth as a scout, army cadet. Worked as a Ministry of Natural Resources (MNR initial attack forest fire fighter), bush guide & skills instructor over the years. 12 years in the Canadian Armed Forces Infantry & MP/CFNIS OPS special operations team with various courses and qualifications related to operating outdoors in various climates.
Mike Paquette (Age 67)
(Owner and operator of "Come walk with me adventures")
PARTNER & NETWORK AFFILIATE for " Keepers of the Wild "
35+yrs of primitive skills bush craft and survival skills, primitive fire starting expert, life long bush person/ fisherman/ hunter, 13 yrs. as a search and rescue coordinator and author of his personal book:
"Fire: My Trail of Learning"
What you get in this event:
- Social group atmosphere with professional and experienced guides
- Safe environment with proper equipment and protocols
- Heated administration tent (large prospector style for classes & eating etc…)
- Generator power in the evening with basic lighting indoor and outdoor
- Stay in 10 MAN Canadian Forces Arctic Tents (4-5 per tent) with woodstove shared acc. To be determined by groups of friends, family, couples etc. Usually arranged ahead of time. (Participants provide their own air mattress & sleeping bag)
- FOOD IS TO BE BROUGHT BY PARTICIPANTS BUT WILL HAVE ACCESS TO STOVES & KITCHEN ITEMS
MAIN TEACHINGS will include:
1. INTRODUCTION TO (EQUIPMENT & PERSONAL PACK GEAR SHOW) show & tell presentation Including clothing how to dress, tools, and discussing gear and what one should have
5. CAMPSITE LAYOUT & CAMPSITE Night Routines and skills
6. Campsite equipment
7. How to live and operate in a 4 seasons tent with a woodstove inside
8. Resources and collection
9. Tool use and safety
10. Exposure to night setting of survival shelters
11. Campsite etiquette
13. Planning & preparedness presentation
14. Cold injuries & how to handle emergencies (hypothermia, falling thru ice or water, frostbite
15. How to walk and operate in the forest including ethics & being a keeper of the wild yourself! Promote human steward ship. Promoting respect for the land.
17. Connect to the outdoors and surroundings (trees, plants, animals, elements, resources) and learn to feel at home in the wilderness environment. Building confidence and experience by “in the real” learning and living the experience with experienced and skilled guides.
20. Learn about what is going on in the forest in the FALL environment and what is happening all around you when you are there. What sounds are what and what are the things you are seeing…Including things you may have never noticed before.
21. Spend the night camping in the Northern Ontario Forest in a safe and comfortable environment
22. TIPS & TRICKS
23. and more…
ALL PARTICIPANTS MUST SIGN A RELEASE OF LIABILITY AGREEMENT & ASSUMPTION OF RISK WAIVER. THIS LEGAL PAPERWORK IS REQUIRED BY OUR COMPANY TO PARTICIPATE IN OUR EVENTS.
Grab some friends and come join the adventure!
Hope to meet you guys out there.